Friday, March 16, 2012

Thesis Pre-Production

Story Boards




Style Frames


Beat Boards






I am currently involved in the pre-production of my senior thesis for next year in which I am developing storyboards, style frames and nailing down the concept for the thesis project. Although I will most likely continue on with a different idea, this is the concept work for my first crack at it, including beat boards, style frames and storyboards. The concept is a retake of the well known poem "A Tell Tale Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe, a story riddled with the idea of appearance vs. reality. I realized that there rarely lies complete truth behind the stories and interactions we share on a daily basis. We are a society concerned with the superficial, the exterior, the reality of things as portrayed by others. We accept what is given to us over delving deeper to reveal what is beyond our own perspective. This story reflects the theme perfectly, in which the main character's reality is completely different from that which he portrays to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment